HUB

Apr 2012

EUROVEGAS – America in Europe

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ZRZDVVjuw An America tycoon wants to build Vegas in Europe and has chosen Spain as the destination. The American business tycoon, Sheldon Adelson wants to emulate Nevada’s state cash cow ‘Las Vegas’ here in Spain and is deciding where to build – Madrid or Barcelona.

Apr 2012

P2 Titanic prepositions of time

Is it in the weekend, at the weekend or on the weekend? What time do you go to work? When were you born? What day is it today? What do you do ON Wednesdays?   IN ON AT Months, Years, centuries Days and Dates Precise time IN In January In the morning In 1986 In the 1970s Examples: I was born IN 1986. I…

Read More

Apr 2012

Homophones…TWO, TOO, TO

Do you know how to use TOO, TWO & TO correctly? These are homophones (words that are spelt differently but have the same pronunciation)   TOO – used with adverbs and adjectives. (too can also mean ‘as well’ or ‘aslo’) I had too much food. It was too expensive. It is too hot to be outside. Will you be there too? TWO – is…

Read More

Apr 2012

TITANIC – 100 Years

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xKDRmhp6lQ Titanic is the world’s most famous maritime disaster in history. The colossal four funnelled ship hit an iceberg in the Atlantic ocean during it’s maiden voyage on April 10 1912 and sank to the icy bottom, making history worldwide.

Apr 2012

To be or not to be

TO BE I am You are He/She is It is We are They are Examples I AM a teacher. You ARE a student. He IS an actor. It IS a cat. We ARE Spanish They ARE politicians AM/IS/ARE The verb to be is used to create simple yes/no questions by simply inverting the order of subject and the “To be” verb. For example: I am…

Read More

Apr 2012

like and as

Like and as can be confusing in English. Both like and as can be used to describe how similar things are. Like + noun/pronoun. For example I’m like my mother. Like my mother, I have brown hair. As + subject + verb. For example, However, in spoken English, like is often used instead of as. “She’s a good student, like her brother was before her.” As I told you, the car was parked behind the house. As - like;…

Read More

Apr 2012

2nd Conditional – If I had a million dollars, I would give it to charity

We use the second conditional to talk about impossible situations. IF + PAST SIMPLE – WOULD + INFINITIVE (Condition) WOULD + INFINITIVE + IF + PAST SIMPLE  (Condition) If I went to Madrid, I’d visit the Prado Gallery. I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Subjects I / he/ she /it – we use the subjective form. He he were in London, he would…

Read More

Apr 2012

P2 into, in to, onto, on to…

In to or INTO – On to or ONTO INTO (preposition) Into + object + modifiers of objects. Examples: She put the toys into the basket. He walked into the room and found a mouse. The prince turned into a frog. In to In a phrase In is an adverb followed by the preposition to. For example: Can you give this paper in to the…

Read More

Apr 2012

Google Produces Information Eyewear

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrfXtAHYoVA Google are about to launch a new product that will enable you to access certain aspects of information from the Internet and displayed directly onto your glasses. The eyewear still appears to have a streamlined design despite their functionality.

Page 1 of 212