HUB

My Top 5 Reasons to do a TEFL course: featuring India Boddy

Feb 2014

My Top 5 Reasons to do a TEFL course: featuring India Boddy

Making the decision to teach English as a foreign language and enrolling on a TEFL course is beneficial for many reasons. Here are India Boddy’s top 5 reasons to do a TEFL course. 1) Change people’s lives … A change you can see everyday in your students’ progress and receptiveness. In each and every class, no matter how difficult some may be, you can instantaneously…

Read More

English language acquisition. Metacognitive approach: I think I think…

Feb 2014

English language acquisition. Metacognitive approach: I think I think…

English language acquisition theories or understanding how learning process takes place can help us be better teachers. Developed by TEFL trainer Ana Garza     Metacognition enables understanding, analysis, and control of one’s cognitive processes. It is also known as active learning. This means that people take control of their own learning by predicting their performance on the task and monitoring their current levels of mastery…

Read More

Friday Meeting: Anticipating students problems

Feb 2014

Friday Meeting: Anticipating students problems

Developed by TEFL trainer Gabriel Messina What is anticipating students problems and why analyze learners’ linguistic production? One of the most important outcomes that we take from linguistic analysis in ESL practice is the ability to anticipate learners problems, among other reasons. What do we analyse? At the same time teachers are analyzing meaning, form, pronunciation, function, appropriateness… any type of language interference in general.