HUB

My favorite ESL class

Mar 2014

My favorite ESL class

We asked different teachers about their favorite ESL class. We wanted them to explain what makes a great ESL class really memorable. We often hear teachers complaining about certain students and classes that were difficult. It’s much more productive and rewarding to hear about TEFL teacher’s favorite classes and why they enjoyed them. Here we’ve collected a few of the Oxbridge teacher’s accounts of their favorite…

Read More

Positive learning environment: Learn from sports and apply to ESL classes to create the best environment for your students

Mar 2014

Positive learning environment: Learn from sports and apply to ESL classes to create the best environment for your students

What is the best learning environment and how can we create a positive learning environment in our ESL classes? What can we learn from sports about positive learning environments? “Children learn in a variety of ways. As a coach, the type of environment you set up is crucial to how much learning takes place”, coaches say. “If I enjoy, I send a message to the…

Read More

How to teach pronunciation through ESL activities. Say it clearer, not louder

Mar 2014

How to teach pronunciation through ESL activities. Say it clearer, not louder

The OxbridgeTEFL community launched the project of how to teach pronunciation through ESL activities as a result of the necessity of creating specific tools -apart from the usual work on pronunciation through vocabulary activities- that would target Spanish learners’ pronunciation. What moved us was the conviction that nobody is tone-deaf and every one can have a good pronunciation! Oh, maybe not anyone… All the conclusions were put in practice through a…

Read More