HUB

7 Questions for ESL Teachers to Change Education

Oct 2014

My name is Bridget Berry. I’m American – I grew up right outside of Washington, D.C. in the state of Virginia. I graduated from West Virginia University with a Bachelor’s degree in English with a focus in secondary education. I was a student teacher in English literature classes for grades 6, 9, 11, and 12. I also was a TA at the Universidad of…

Read More

Oct 2014

We interviewed Virginia Roquero, a 22 year old recent TEFL graduate from Spain, whose education, due to a British mother and a Spanish father, has been developed in two languages from the very first day of life. Despite her youth, Virginia has considerable experience as private tutor in English. After finishing her degree in English studies, Virginia wants to focus her career as an ESL…

Read More

Teaching ESL to Young Learners and Teenagers

Oct 2014

Teaching ESL to Young Learners and Teenagers

What are the best approaches and strategies to teaching ESL to young learners and teenagers? The question is relevant enough and  worth dedicating a lot of specific attention to. More than a list of tips, we teachers need to understand what is our youngest target audience is like: what defines young learners, pre-adolescents and teenagers, what motivates them, what activities work and how to address possible classroom problems. Altogether, we…

Read More