The OxbridgeTEFL course is a 120-hour course, structured around three main components:
- Course units for self study available for you all the time during the course in our virtual learning platform.
- Intensive everyday 3 hour workshop sessions with an experienced trainer in which you debate and put into practice what you have observed and learnt in the units.
- Afternoon teaching observation and practice with real clients with the support and guidance of senior teachers.
There are four main modules covering everything that you need to know in order to teach successfully.
- The Language Analysis module looks in detail at English grammar and the technical building blocks that are essential knowledge for all English teachers. Not only do you learn how the English language works but what is the best way to teach it to foreign students, what difficulties they go through in the learning process and how to overcome them.
- The Lesson Planning module is very practical and gives you the most important skills in language teaching, which are creating and adapting communicative learning material and teaching beginners without using the learners’ native tongue for translating the vocabulary and the structures. Here we get you to work on creating activities or lesson plans during the week. Its workshop format turns the module into an engaging and creative space where the trainees discover their most creative side.
- The ESL Methodologies module focuses on some of the different methodologies and approaches to teaching. We guide you to find an answer to the question “What makes a good teacher?” and to enable you to discover the teacher in you. The OxbridgeTEFL course shows you how to teach complete beginners solely using the target language, English, which means that you can teach English to people all around the world.
- The Teaching Skills module contains a lot of the key issues about delivering successful classes and includes sessions on classroom management, error correction, preparing students for exams, level testing, teaching English by conference calls and English for specific purposes, such as English in Law, English in Medicine, Business English, English for young learners, etc. We give you assistance for developing a career as an English teacher with practical tips and advice.