Do you know the difference between 'rain', 'rein' and 'reign'?
The rain ‘NOT’ in Spain
Here are examples of Homonyms, homophones - words that sound like one another but have different meaning
- Rain - precipitation
- It always rains in London
Rein - a horse strap (noun), to stop or to control by pulling on the reins (verb)
- The rein broke and the horse escaped
- The boy had to rein the horse so he run away
Reign - to rule or to control a nation
- The Queen's reign was short
- Will William reign for 50 years?
to watch the video