A conjunction may be used to indicate the relationship between the ideas expressed in a clause and the ideas expressed in the rest of a sentence.
I went to the beach because it was sunny
Most commonly used conjunctions and
|and: in addition|
|nor: and neither|
- He went and had a burger.
- He did the exam but failed.
- Do you want to go to the park or stay at home?
1. because: As
he is my friend, I will help him.
2. when: We watched as
the plane took off.
1. later in time: After
the train left, we went home.
1. in spite of the fact that: Although
it was after midnight, we did not feel tired.
1. earlier than: I arrived before
the stores were open.
1. for the reason that: We had to wait, because
we arrived early.
1. from a past time: I have been here since
the sun rose.
2. as, because: Since
you are here, you can help me.
1. used in comparisons: He is taller than
1. except when, if not: Unless
he helps us, we cannot succeed.
1. up to the time when: I will wait until
I hear from you.
1. if: I do not know whether
she was invited.
for the video.