Carnival has to be Sitges' WILDEST party. It is still the hottest party in town!
On the most popular days you will find more than 300,000 PARTYGOERS dancing on the MAJOR streets across the town.
Gay boys and girls from the four corners of the world descend on the little town and party the week away!
Jueves Lardero or Fat Tuesday, marks the beginning of carnival with a HUGE celebration of local dishes and the arrival of the King of the Carnestoltes and ends with the BURIAL of a Sardine on ASH Wednesday.
- Is it good for Sitges to have a party like this? Why / why not?
- Have you ever been there? Why / why not?
- Is it just for the gay community?
- Are you for or against this celebreation? Why / why not?
Can you think of an amazing costume to wear to carnival?
- What would it look like?
- Would you make it yourselves?
- Would you buy or rent a costume?