Boeing's state-of-the-art Dreamliner passenger jet has been grounded in Japan, India, Chile and the USA amid safety concerns. The airliner has been hit with a spate of technical malfunctions in the past month.
The technical malfunctions range from cracked windshields, brakes and electrical problems, and fuel spills. A battery fault found on Wednesday on one of Japan's All Nippon Airways (ANA) planes forced the flight to make an emergency landing.
The Dreamliner is expected to revolutionize the aviation industry. Its lightweight design, fuel efficiency and advanced safety features mean airlines have been queuing up to buy it.
Boeing says it is investigating the issues but expressed confidence in the aircraft's safety.
A company official has put the difficulties down to ''teething problems'' associated with a brand new airplane.
- Why do you think the airplane is having so many problems?
- How safe do you think flying is?
- What do you like and hate about flying?
- Which airlines would you recommend (or not) and why?
- Do you think flight attendants like flying?